Beau is a speaker and advisor who has discovered through experience and education that typical accounting practices are leading companies down a destructive path. He rapidly realized how most accounting tools that were intentioned to aid management decisions actually distort reality and stand in the way of making good decisions. Oftentimes cost accounting leads managers to optimize their particular department or division, at the expense of the company as a whole. Utilizing Throughput Accounting and its associated performance measures enables Beau to create a paradigm shift in how companies are managed and performance is evaluated.
During his tenure in public accounting, Beau specialized in the application of cost accounting to internal decision making, external reporting, and federally-mandated compliance. He understands every aspect of inventory in great detail, from the initial inventory count, to lower of cost/market valuation approaches, and all the cost accounting allocation methods in between, both for external financial reporting and internal decision making. Beau has developed cost allocation schedules for major governmental departments that received approval from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and was the lead auditor of all aspects related to inventory.
Beau has also served as the Controller of a specialized steel products manufacturer, developing Mine Resistant Armored Protected vehicles and other heavy steel products. While serving as Controller, Beau was involved with a number of company-wide initiatives including ISO auditing, NAVSEA compliance, pricing of services and products, overseeing the company’s cash position, and the implementation of an ERP system.
In his role as an auditor Beau served numerous clients across the following industries:
- Manufacturing – Discrete Manufacturers and Continuous Processing
- Distribution – Importers and Exporters
- Construction – Residential and Commercial
- Agricultural – Distributors and Growers
- Financial Institutions – Publicly Traded Banks, FDIC & OCC Regulated Entities
- Insurance Companies – Management General Agents
- Not-for-Profits and Club organizations
Beau holds the following degrees from the University of Georgia:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Management Information Systems
- Master of Accountancy, Taxation Specialty
Beau also holds the following designations:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (GA and SC)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Theory of Constraints (TOC)